Mobile Development 11/21/2020 Work Session
Right now, I am trying to perform facial recognition using an android API and the Google Camera. I hope to get this working at the end of this 4-5-hour session. My mom watches me and tells me to not go on the computer past a certain time, so unfortunately this work session might be much shorter than this.
This link tells how to perform facial recognition using Mobile Vision.
I will perform Mobile Vision using my own face, as follows:
An intent is like a segue. New plan, I am going to use this tutorial instead.
I first create a project on the firebase.
Here is the link for the firebase dependencies.
I apply the com.google.firebase:firebase-analytics implementation and then, then get the CameraKit implementation. With the line implementation 'com.wonderkiln.cameraKit:0.13.1'. I finally want to add the MLVision APIs by applying the correponding API call. Now, I want to implement the dialog box. To do this I go to this link. and I added the line implementation 'com.github.d-max:spots-dialog:1.1@aar'.
I then add the following line to the Android Manifest:
<meta-data>
android:name="com.google.firebase:firebase-ml-vision.DEPENDENCIES"
android:value = "face"
</meta-data>
I then subsequently implement a graphic overlay variable, with this link. I create a new package with a Helper class nested and copy past the rect overlay class inside of it.
The Rect Overlay ideally extends the GraphicOverlay.Graphic class. I get mRectPaint and mRectColor and set both the stroke and style
I assume cameradevice is mCameraDevice here?
Right now, I will comment the lines of code and implement them if the work.
Oh no, this didn't work.
I'm going back to mobile vision, because the video is wayyy too outdated and a waste of my time. Back to mobile vision.
I first download the Github App Project. I know the real reason why nothing is working is that I didn't start my getting started project.
I recieved the following error:
Execution failed for task ':app:checkDebugAarMetadata'. > Could not resolve all files for configuration ':app:debugRuntimeClasspath'. > Could not find com.android.support:appcompat-v7:24.2.1. Searched in the following locations: - https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/support/appcompat-v7/24.2.1/appcompat-v7-24.2.1.pom If the artifact you are trying to retrieve can be found in the repository but without metadata in 'Maven POM' format, you need to adjust the 'metadataSources { ... }' of the repository declaration. Required by: project :app > Could not find com.google.android.gms:play-services-vision:9.4.0. Searched in the following locations: - https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/google/android/gms/play-services-vision/9.4.0/play-services-vision-9.4.0.pom If the artifact you are trying to retrieve can be found in the repository but without metadata in 'Maven POM' format, you need to adjust the 'metadataSources { ... }' of the repository declaration. Required by: project :app Possible solution: - Declare repository providing the artifact, see the documentation at https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/declaring_repositories.html
So as a result, I know that I need to update my Android Studio.
Could not determine the dependencies of task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Could not resolve all task dependencies for configuration ':app:debugCompileClasspath'.
> Could not find com.wonderkiln.cameraKit:0.13.1:.
Required by:
project :app
Possible solution:
- Declare repository providing the artifact, see the documentation at https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/declaring_repositories.html
This is a new error, so now I am trying to find a new camera kit.
I add the repo:
maven { url 'https://camerakit.bintray.com/camerakit-android-prereleases' }
and run the code again.
I attempt to update Android Studio Again. Once I add the line, this method error code:
Build file 'C:\Users\cchu3\OneDrive\Documents\DigitalThermometer\build.gradle' line: 10
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'Digital Thermometer'.
> Could not find method maven() for arguments [build_dlskn0bldrd47ejapfszgf1kn$_run_closure1$_closure3$_closure4@4881ce8d] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

Comments
Post a Comment